Racing Series Details
The Bradenton Runners Club Racing Series is an opportunity for members to compete with each other in a points-earned scoring system. Each year, a series of local races are hand-picked, ranging from 5Ks to half marathons. Throughout the year as races are held, runners who elect to participate in the series will score points based on their overall finishing place overall or in their age groups. Regardless of finishing position, each participant will receive points just for finishing. The better the finishing position, the more points are awarded. At the end of the year, points are accumulated and the person with the highest points wins the competition within the designated age group. Racing series winners are announced at the BRC Annual Awards Banquet held in February.
Not a member yet? CLICK HERE to join the club online.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for information on how to enroll in the series…
PLEASE NOTE… THIS IS A TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
Dolphin Dash 5k – January 19th
Take Stock in Children – March 3rd
The Robinson Preserve Twilight 10k – March 29th (note only the 10k will be scored in the series)
The Torch Run 5k – April 5th
The De Soto Grand Parade 5k – April 27th
Canes Cross Country Classic 5k – Labor Day
The Conquistador Half Marathon – date TBD
Manatee River Run 5 Mile State Championship – December 28th
You must opt-in to the racing series in order to earn points. You will only begin earning points once you have completed the form. Even if you participated in the series last year, you must resubmit this form for 2019.
- Only BRC members in good standing will be awarded points. You must be an active BRC member on race day to score points. You may join the series at any point throughout the year but you will only earn points for races completed after enrollment.
- Points are cumulative throughout the entire race series.
- There is a three (3) race minimum.
- You can enter as many of the races as you like, however, only your five (5) best races will be scored.
- You will be scored in whichever age group you belong to on race day.
- You will remain in whichever age group you belong to on 1/1/2016 for the entirety of the racing series competition, even if you move to a higher age group on your birthday.
- No tie breakers. If there is a tie in the final standings, both winners will receive an award.
- For adults, racing series includes 5-year age groups. Overall Winner, Masters, Grandmaster, Senior Grandmaster and Veteran Grandmaster will be pulled from the age groups and awarded separately.
- Children are eligible and will be placed in the following age groups: 9 and under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19.
- Runners under 20 years old cannot win the Overall Award.
- Awards will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet in February 2017.
- Scoring Points:
Overall male/female 10 points Master, Grandmaster, Senior Grandmaster, Veteran Grandmaster male/female 8 points 1st in Age Group 6 points 2nd in Age Group 4 points 3rd in Age Group 3 points Finish any position 2 points