The Bradenton Runners Club promotes a healthy and enjoyable lifestyle through the sports of running & walking. We welcome all ages and abilities to our group walks, runs, and social activities. If you want to improve your current level of fitness and enjoy great conversation, try one of our group training runs and meet some of our members. There are certified coaches and experienced runners & walkers available to help you get started as well as competitive runners to provide a challenge to those more experienced.
Check out our “Group Runs” tab for our weekly run schedule and the “Events” tab for upcoming events and races. For membership information please see the “About Us” tab. We can’t wait to meet you!!!
***********News and Upcoming Events***********
Member News: Scholarship Awards
Congratulations to our 2014 Scholarship recipients. Check the “About Us” tab for Scholarship information.
Next Up: Canes Classic
22nd Annual Canes Cross Country Classic 5K & 1K. Monday, September 1, 2014. Check the “Events” tab for more details.
Registration open for the Manatee River Race!!!
December 27, 2014. Check the “Events” tab for more details.
2014 Pirates and Princesses Home Run 5K – Results
Congratulations to everyone who ran the Pirates and Princesses 5k.
Results at www.coolrunning.com
2014 DeSoto 5K – Results
Congratulations to everyone who ran the Desoto 5k.
***********2014 Racing Series***********
It’s time to join the BRC Racing Series! Kids, this includes you so show us what you got! The 2014 lineup has some club classics as well as some brand new and exclusive 2014-one-time-only races. But first, here are this year’s rules:
- Only BRC members in good standing will be awarded points. You must be an active BRC member on race day to score points for that race. (With the exception of the Dolphin Dash and Falcon 5k due to the late membership renewal announcement.)
- Points are cumulative throughout the entire race series.
- You can enter as many of the races as you like, however only your five (5) best races will be scored.
- Runners will be scored in whichever age group you belong to on race day.
- There is a three (3) race minimum.
- No tie breakers. If there is a tie in the final standings, both winners will receive an award.
- For adults, racing series includes 5-year age groups. Overall Winner, Masters, Grandmaster, Senior Grandmaster and Veteran Grandmaster will be pulled from the age groups and awarded separately.
- Children are eligible and will be placed in the following age groups: 9 and under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19.
- Runners under 20 years old cannot win Overall Award.
- Awards will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet in February 2015.
- There is no fee to sign up for the Racing Series.
Without further ado, here is the 2014 Racing Series line-up. Don’t forget to renew your membership so you can get discounts on your races and start earning points right away. Check the “Events” tab for more race information.
- January 11 Dolphin Dash 5k (grandfathered in)
- February 8 Falcon Run 5K (grandfathered in)
- April 18 Torch Run 5K
- April 26 DeSoto 5K
- June 13 Pirates and Princesses Home Run 5K (2014 only)
- Sept 1 Canes Classic 5K
- Nov 15 St. Joseph’s Eagle Classic 5K
- Dec 7 Scrooge 10K at Heritage Harbor
- Dec 27 Manatee River Run 5 Mile Championship
- Option A – Paper membership renewals. Identify on your membership form that you would like to participate in the series by checking the appropriate box. If you already renewed via paper form for 2014, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your name to the list.
- Option B – Opt-in using RunSignUp.com when applying for membership. Members who have already signed up via RunSignUp.com can opt-in to the series using their online account and can go back and opt-in at any time:
- Click Profile
- Scroll down to Account Links; click My Club Memberships
- Click Manage next to the member wishing to opt into the racing series.
- Click Update Questions
- Check the box for “Yes, please track my results”
Please email email@example.com with any questions, comments or suggestions on the racing series. Good luck and happy running!